course: Software Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christof Paar
- M. Sc. Max Hoffmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- start: Wednesday the 03.04.2019
- lecture with integrated tutorials Wednesdays: from 14:15 to 16.45 o'clock in ID 04/653
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
|Rooms :||ID 04/471, ID 04/459, ID 04/445|
|Individual appointments of students to each exam location will be issued by the responsible chair.|
The students understand and implemented various methods for fast software implementations of selected cryptographic schemes.
This lecture focuses on advanced implementation strategies for selected schemes of modern cryptography.
- Efficient implementation of blockciphers
- Efficient arithmetic in GF(2^m)
- Efficient arithmetic on elliptic curves
- Special primes for fast modular reduction
- Primality tests
- Post-Quantum Cryptography
- Secure Coding
Basic knowledge of C or C++ Lecture "Introduction to Cryptography I"
Grading is split between a written exam and multiple projects during the semester.
The exam will be given in English.