course: Software Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tim Güneysu
- Dr.-Ing. Max Hoffmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- start: Thursday the 15.04.2021
- lecture with integrated tutorials Thursdays: from 14:15 to 16.45 o'clock
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
|Rooms :||HGA 10, HGB 10|
|Individual appointments of students to each exam location will be issued by the responsible chair.|
The students understand and implemented various methods for fast software implementations of selected cryptographic schemes.
This lecture focuses on advanced implementation strategies for selected schemes of modern cryptography.
- Efficient implementation of blockciphers
- Efficient arithmetic in GF(2^m)
- Efficient arithmetic on elliptic curves
- Special primes for fast modular reduction
- Primality tests
- Post-Quantum Cryptography
- Secure Coding
Basic knowledge of C or C++ Lecture "Introduction to Cryptography I"
In the summer semester 2021, the course will be offered exclusively in digital form and there will be no classroom teaching. The stated lecture and exercise times remain the same, but will be offered digitally. All necessary information and materials will be made available through the Moodle course . To receive the password for the course, please write an informal e-mail including your matriculation number using your RUB e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails from other sender addresses can unfortunately not be considered.
Grading is split between a written exam and multiple projects during the semester.
The exam will be given in English.