course: Software Implementation of Cryptographic Schemes
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christof Paar
- M. Sc. Max Hoffmann (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- start: Wednesday the 22.04.2020
- lecture with integrated tutorials: from 14:15 to 16.45 o'clock
All statements pertaining to examination modalities (for the summer/winter term of 2020) are given with reservations. Changes due to new requirements from the university will be announced as soon as possible.
|Form of exam:||written|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
|Room :||HGB 10|
The students understand and implemented various methods for fast software implementations of selected cryptographic schemes.
This lecture focuses on advanced implementation strategies for selected schemes of modern cryptography.
- Efficient implementation of blockciphers
- Efficient arithmetic in GF(2^m)
- Efficient arithmetic on elliptic curves
- Special primes for fast modular reduction
- Primality tests
- Post-Quantum Cryptography
- Secure Coding
Basic knowledge of C or C++ Lecture "Introduction to Cryptography I"
In the summer semester 2020, the course will be offered exclusively in digital form and there will be no classroom teaching. The stated lecture and exercise times remain the same, but will be offered digitally. All necessary information and materials will be made available through the Moodle course . To receive the password for the course, please write an informal e-mail including your matriculation number using your RUB e-mail address to email@example.com. Emails from other sender addresses can unfortunately not be considered.
Grading is split between a written exam and multiple projects during the semester.
The exam will be given in English.